What kids are eating nowadays

When I was a child, my mom usually cook vegetables for our meal. I remember, when we were eating, I always hide that green thing under the place mat on our table. I grew up eating more greasy foods rather than eating more fiber rich foods. Now I learned that oily foods can harm and destroys  the beta cells in our pancreas and other additional effects in our body, it was an eye opener for me. I am trying to limit my intake of oily foods such as foods that is served in fast food restaurants, deep fried foods, processed foods, etc. Training kids nowadays to eat more healthy foods is a big challenge for parents out there. with the explosive amount of advertisement of fast foods restaurants, parents should give more time in training and introducing healthy meals in the table rather eating out.

This Video from Rachael Ray, will give us a glimpse on what parents let their kids eat nowadays



Recent study shows, free fatty acids, comes from eating oily, greasy foods, causes beta cell death in our pancreas ( apoptosis) thus inducing the risk of having diabetes.

Source: http://www.plosone.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment